Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Keith Alexander
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: A deeper focus on strategic sourcing, boosting acquisition and cyber workforces
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , technology , acquisition , Industry , Joe Jordan , Mike Smith , DHS , OFPP , Mark Borkowski , CBP , acquisition workforce , strategic sourcing , DoD , cybersecurity , Carl Levin , U.S. Cyber Command
U.S. Cyber Command is putting together dozens of groups to defend the military's network, to work with combatant commanders on offensive tactics and to respond to attacks against the nation. Gen. Keith Alexander, however, said budget cuts will delay DoD's ability to recruit and train team members.
NSA, DHS taking steps to improve information sharing by creating a set of standardized technical specifications that let machines detect cyber threats and communicate them to one another in real-time. Whole of government approach is starting to take shape when it comes to cybersecurity.
Congress has a lot of unfinished business to tackle during its lame duck session expected in November. The House Intelligence Committee chairman thinks new threat information could push cyber legislation up the priority list.
Tags: technology , Congress , cybersecurity , National Security Agency , U.S. Cyber Command , House Intelligence Committee , Mike Rogers , CISPA , Jared Serbu , information sharing , U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Military's cyber leaders say job satisfaction has so far trumped salary concerns when it comes to building and retaining a workforce of elite cyber warriors. Building the capacity of that training pipeline is the next challenge.
Tags: Obama Impact , DoD , cybersecurity , workforce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Air Force , Michael Basla , Navy , Michael Rogers , U.S. Cyber Command , DISA , Henry Sienkiewicz , Roger Greenwell , training , Jared Serbu , On DoD , DoD Report , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Military's cyber offense and defense strategies are being executed by two separate teams that can't sufficiently share knowledge, per the commander of U.S. Cyber Command
NSA director Gen. Keith Alexander gave the keynote at this year's Defcon in Las Vegas.
Two years after U.S. Cyber Command became operational, the military services that provide its cyber forces are beginning to more tightly define their respective responsibilities in the joint cyber environment. Gen. Keith Alexander issued a memo recently giving each of the services a lead cyber role for specific geographic areas of the world.
Hits on infrastructure such as electricity grids and water supplies increased 17-fold between 2009 and 2011.