Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Katie Lewin
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: FedRAMP compliance results months away, OMB's word of the year: Effectiveness
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: FedRAMP , OMB , Steve VanRoekel , Beth Cobert , Lisa Schlosser , PortfolioStat , management , IT , Jennifer Kerber , David Walker , GSA , Sonny Hasmi , Casey Coleman , Senate , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS cloud credential exchange almost ready, flood of GSA contract protests
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS' cloud exchange is almost ready to fly; GSA faces a flood of contract protests; and technology chairs shuffle at DHS and GSA.
Tags: USPS , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Doughlas Glair , FICAM , GSA , contracting , GAO , OASIS , Diana Gowen , Mary Davie , OMB , technology , Andy Ozment , Suzanne Spaulding , Phyllis Schneck , Mike Locatis , Bobbie Stempfley , DHS , Gregory Touhill , Kelly Olson , Sheila Campbell
The program launches initial operating capability today. GSA expects the first set of provisionally approved cloud service providers to be ready in December. In the meantime, agencies are holding vendors accountable for coming very close to FedRAMP standards.
Agencies and vendors soon will be able to submit cloud-based products and services to be certified and accredited once and be available for use by all of government. Version 2 of the FedRAMP security controls should be ready in the next few weeks. Cloud working group still must address several questions about the approval process.