Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Katie Howard
A new round of political appointees is on the way in as President Barack Obama enters his second term in office. In order to be a successful agency leader, political appointees will have to hit the ground running in a culture of federal career employees who might have concerns about the looming leadership transition, according to Tim McManus, vice president of education and outreach for the Partnership for Public Service.
'Tis the season of Secret Santas, white elephant gifts and good will toward office coworkers. But if you're a federal employee, there's a strict list of who it would be naughty to give a present to or receive a present from during the holiday season.