Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Kathryn Medina
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council will hold speed matchmaking sessions each quarter starting in 2012 to pair up mentors and those who are looking for such support. Kathryn Medina, the executive director of the CHCO Council, said the success of the first speed mentoring session earlier this year presented an opportunity to address a long-standing need.
Kathryn Medina, the executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, spearheaded the first Federal Human Resources HR University and helped develop a framework for HR University. She is a 2011 Causey Award winner.
Energy announces plans to host officials from several federal agencies to raise awareness and donations for the July collection of the "Feds Feed Families" nationwide food drive.
The launch of phase two of the HR University moves the standardization and professionalization of federal human resources workers closer. The CHCO Council wants to expand the number of training courses and the specific types of classes for agencies. The HR University also provides a career path for federal HR workers.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , OPM , DHS , Jeff Neal , John Salamone , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Partnership for Public Service , Grant Thornton , hiring reforms , Max Cacas
Tags: management , pay and benefits , CHCO , DHS , Jeff Neal , Navy , Pat Adams , Ray Limon , CNCS , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Scott Cameron , Grant Thornton , OPM , federal hiring , Max Cacas