Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Kathleen Merrigan
The Agriculture Department's closing of 259 offices could result in buyout offers, said the agency's deputy secretary. This week Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the closures would save about $150 million year in the agency's $145 billion budget.
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Scott Gould , Seth Harris , Peter Orszag , Tom Vilsack , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , Labor , OMB , VA , performance management , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer , performance improvement officer
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Foul weather in Washington fails to deter the launch of a program to get federal workers to be more physically active and healthy.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra expects GSA to issue a solicitation by May 10 for a $2.5 billion contract for email-as-a-service. It's part of how the administration wants agencies to move to cloud computing. Kundra said five of seven short-term IT reforms efforts are on track.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Roger Baker , Daniel Poneman , OMB , GSA , VA , energy , USDA , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , role of the CIO , IT reforms , data center consolidation , Jason Miller