Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Karen Evans
The group will create a white paper with recommendations this summer to modernize the 10-year-old policy. Among the areas they are looking at are continuous monitoring, cloud computing, shared services and the definition of a system. Updating A-130 will help agencies move from a 'checklist' mode to monitoring systems in real time for threats and vulnerabilities, said Frank Reeder, a former OMB official.
Tags: management , Circular A-130 , cybersecurity , Frank Reeder , Dan Chenok , OMB , technology , NIST , DHS , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , national security systems , Jason Miller , Gail Stone , SSA , inspectors general
Andy Ozment returns to work with new cyber coordinator Michael Daniel. Ozment worked at DHS for the last year as director for compliance and technology.
Dan Chenok, a senior fellow in the IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Karen Evans, the former E-Gov administrator in the Office of Management and Budget, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Two former administrators in the Office of E-Government & Information Technology at the Office of Management and Budget, Karen Evans and Mark Forman, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the mobile push in government, especially as OMB has recently broadened the focus.
Karen Evans, former administrator of the Office of Electronic Government and Information Technology at the Office of Management and Budget, offers her insight on how federal agencies can protect themselves in the aftermath of recent cyber attacks.
Former E-Government and IT Administrators Mark Forman and Karen Evans count down the top federal IT news stories of the year.
Karen Evans, former e-gov administrator, discusses the website she launched to provide a forum on cloud computing in government.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , industry , Vivek Kundra , best practices , acquisition , contracting , Jolie Lee , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , SANS Institute , Smarsh , KE&T Partners
Watch or listen to this program on demand below