Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: KSAs
Agency Director John Berry will hire someone to oversee the new approach to automating and calculating retirement data. Berry says he hopes to make up to 70 percent of the most common calculations electronic. OPM also just has begun a results oriented pilot in two offices as part of a workplace flexibility initiative.
One year after the President called for improvements to how agencies hire workers, OPM Director Berry said KSAs, long job descriptions and the rule of three are mostly a thing of the past. On average, agencies are hiring new employees in 105 days and most job descriptions are five pages or fewer.
Promised changes are starting to take hold; 900 new employees are screened, waiting to be hired.
AFGE and NTEU see areas where OPM could improve the federal human resources processes, but believe a major overhaul is not necessary. AFGE calls for more steps in the GS system and a broader use of career ladders. NTEU wants managers to receive more and better training on the how to best use the current HR processes.
A new Federal News Radio survey finds that almost half of all respondents do not think federal human resource processes will improve. Employees also say they think most of the HR processes need to be overhauled, but think the GS System works.