Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Justice
DoE set up Energy Savings Performance Contracts with several different companies to work under a share-in-savings approach to reduce agency utility bills. Agencies do not have to pay upfront costs to move electricity or other infrastructure away from fossil fuels. The contracts could help agencies meet the White House's carbon footprint and greenhouse goals.
Tags: management , Skye Schell , Energy , White House , Navy , Green government , energy efficiency , carbon footprint , greenhouse gas emissions , energy service companies , Energy Savings Performance Contracts , Jason Miller
After three years at Treasury, Duffy to move back to the agency he spent 15 years at previously.
Agencies are meeting the White House's mandate to be more open and transparent when it comes to releasing documents and meeting Freedom of Information Act requests.
Justice's decision to join the False Claims Act lawsuit against Oracle is another signal that vendors are facing more oversight. This is the second time Oracle has come under litigation for allegedly overcharging the government. Experts say contractors need to be prepared for pre-award and post-award audits of GSA schedule contracts.
DHS is leading the effort to rework cybersecurity metrics around patch, configuration, vulnerability and inventory management. Justice plans to host an industry day in June to tell vendors how cyberscope works. NIST will issue new cyber publications and GSA plans on new RFP for situational awareness and incident response tools.
Tags: technology , Matt Coose , Marianne Swanson , DHS , GSA , NIST , OMB , cybersecurity , FISMA , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , situational awareness and incident response tools , Management of Change , Jason Miller
New White House guidance calls for agencies to submit data feeds to OMB's Cyberscope tool. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra hopes the information will give agencies a better idea of vulnerabilities and threats to computer networks. Agencies may have to shift money away from traditional reports to upgrade systems to meet new FISMA requirements.
Department to lead the roll out of a federated identity management system for all law enforcement agencies. Justice ran a pilot and now plans on expanding the system nationwide by the end of 2010. The goal is to use technology that already exists and focus on standards and policies.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will sign a memo requiring agencies to do another, more detailed survey of their data centers. Agencies also are working on a department-wide plan to consolidate these buildings.
It just got easier to track how well agencies are complying with FOIA requests