Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Julius Genachowski
After superstorm Sandy, the government is putting all hands on deck response to the storm, providing on-the-ground assistance, federal funding and coordinating rescue and clean-up efforts.
A new Internet Botnet Group will bring together federal and industry experts to try to stem the tide against botnet attacks. Experts estimate one in 10 computers are controlled by bad actors using malicious software to attack organizations. FCC working groups released three reports with recommendations for improve cybersecurity.
Tags: technology , Miriam Perlberg , FCC , NIST , National Security Council , White House , cybersecurity , botnets , Steve Crocker , Shinkuro , Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group , Communications, Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council , DNSSEC , Jason Miller
With the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks coming up at the end of the week, federal officials are continuing work to improve the nation's response to emergencies. The Federal Communications Commission is mapping out plans to keep the nation's lines of communication up and running in case something happens.
President Obama announced his intent to nominate John Berry as Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and Julius Genachowski as Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.
Josh Gottheimer is a Senior Counselor at the Office of the Chairman at the Federal Communications Commission. He explains how this public-private partnership will work.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski could replace Gary Locke as Secretary of Commerce, sources tell The Hill.
The key to solving a future crime may lie with your thumbs.