Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Julius Genachowski
After superstorm Sandy, the government is putting all hands on deck response to the storm, providing on-the-ground assistance, federal funding and coordinating rescue and clean-up efforts.
A new Internet Botnet Group will bring together federal and industry experts to try to stem the tide against botnet attacks. Experts estimate one in 10 computers are controlled by bad actors using malicious software to attack organizations. FCC working groups released three reports with recommendations for improve cybersecurity.
Tags: technology , Miriam Perlberg , FCC , NIST , National Security Council , White House , cybersecurity , botnets , Steve Crocker , Shinkuro , Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group , Communications, Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council , DNSSEC , Jason Miller
With the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks coming up at the end of the week, federal officials are continuing work to improve the nation's response to emergencies. The Federal Communications Commission is mapping out plans to keep the nation's lines of communication up and running in case something happens.
President Obama announced his intent to nominate John Berry as Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and Julius Genachowski as Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.
Josh Gottheimer is a Senior Counselor at the Office of the Chairman at the Federal Communications Commission. He explains how this public-private partnership will work.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski could replace Gary Locke as Secretary of Commerce, sources tell The Hill.
The key to solving a future crime may lie with your thumbs.