Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Judy Chu
Congressional roundtable addresses state of the middle class, public service - September 28th, 2012 and October 5th, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" a congressional roundtable featuring Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Reps. Brad Miller of North Carolina, Tim Ryan of Ohio and Judy Chu of California discusses the state of middle class America and the public service sector. Former Obama White House communications advisor Corey Ealons also appears.
Some small businesses are calling into question the benefits of the Obama administration's strategic sourcing initiative. They say the agencies are mandating the use of the office supplies BPA and putting more than 500 Schedule 75 holders at risk of losing their business. GSA, which runs Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI), said there still are plenty of sales to go around as the BPA accounts for less than half of the $1.4 billion office supplies market.
Tags: acquisition , strategic sourcing , GSA , OFPP , Schedule 75 , Steve Kempf , Dan Gordon , Rick Vogel , Coast-to-Coast Computer Products , Bonnie Whittaker , Adams Marketing , Sam Bornstein , Bornstein and Song , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , Small business contracting , Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , Jason Miller , Inside the World
Congressmen introduce the Harry Lew Military Hazing Accountability and Prevention Act of 2012, a bill aimed at preventing hazing in the military services.
Military services still struggle to track hazing incidents, but insist incidents that harm or demean servicemembers won't be tolerated.
The military is laying the groundwork for a more diverse officer corps, officials told a congressional panel Tuesday. The Defense Department and military services have tackled most of the recommendations that a congressional commission made a year ago. But, recent hazing incidents suggest that the leaders' focus on diversity hasn't trickled down through the ranks.
Lawmakers on the House Small Business Committee introduced three bipartisan bills Wednesday aimed at contracting reform.
Tags: SBA , contracting , acquisition , Joe Walsh , Gerry Connolly , Jaime Herrera Beutler , Kurt Schrader , Bobby Schilling , Sam Graves , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , transparency