Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Josh Sawislak
Molly O'Neill, vice president and Global Energy and Environmental Industry lead at CGI, and Josh Sawislak, senior fellow at the Telework Exchange, count down the top federal news story of the week.
John Sawislak, senior fellow Telework Exchange, and Julia Ziegler, Federal News Radio's web manager, count down the top federal news story of the week.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Officials are still keeping a wary eye on the possibility of a new spike in the number of H1N1 swine flu cases across the country. The chance that large numbers of people could get sick concerns those tasked with keeping the Federal Government up and running. One local group which promotes teleworking is out with a new study on whether or not the government is ready.
The recent concern over the spread of the H1N1 flu virus has again called attention to "continuity of operations" (COOP) in the Federal Government. According to the most recent report from the Office of Personnel Management, just over half of all Federal agencies include teleworking as part of their COOP planning. A local group held a lunchtime event yesterday at the Federal Triangle to push the cause of teleworking.
Counting down the top federal news stories of the week are Diversa Group's Derrick Dortch and Telework Exchange's Josh Sawislak.
My countdown of the three most important Federal news stories of the week.