Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joseph Rigby
A Montgomery County organization tasked with studying Pepco is recommending a harsher approach to governing the embattled utility provider, recently criticized by county and state leaders for protracted power outages and insufficient customer response.
Pepco executives on Thursday outlined the progress the utility company has made since posting a six-point plan last August, aimed at reducing the extended power outages that have infuriated customers and local leaders region-wide.
Former Prince George's County State's Attorney Glenn Ivey is on a new case: looking into Pepco's well-documented reliability issues during storms.
Following constituent outcry about Pepco's response to outages from last Wednesday's storm, and a scathing letter from a Montgomery County Council member, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D. Md., is stepping up his criticism of the utility company.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has blasted Pepco in a letter to its CEO, saying he is outraged and calling the company's power restoration rate after last week's winter weather "dismal."