Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joseph Lieberman
Legislation has 11 co-sponsors
This Fall, the Senate is expected to consider legislation designed to improve cybersecurity in the private sector, and help businesses combat cyber criminals. A Senate panel heard testimony on the scope, and the seriousness of the problem yesterday.
Tags: tech , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Robert Carr , Heartland Payment Systems , William Nelson, , Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysi , Michael Merritt , U.S. Secret Service
Time for lawmakers to pass a continuing resolution is running short as the fiscal year ends Friday. The Senate rejected the House version of CR Friday, and will take up debate on its version Monday afternoon. In the meantime, cuts to GAO and the E-Government Fund are drawing ire from supporters.
The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee voted to hold the number of federal employees stable for the foreseeable future. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) said he also wants to look at the size of the agency's contractor workforce as well. The freeze was approved in the committee's first-ever DHS reauthorization bill.
Tags: management , workforce , DHS , Susan Collins , Rand Paul , Claire McCaskill , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , contracting , acquisition , TechAmerica , Rafael Borras , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins said the agency has not created an IT management and oversight plan. Without a comprehensive model on IT, the agency cannot fix the way it responds to disasters.
Tags: FEMA , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Susan Collins , DHS , information technology , Janet Napolitano , IT oversight , Courtney Thompson , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs
A new GAO report finds gaps in the United States' collaboration with international partners on terrorism
Tags: GAO , 2009 Defense Authorization Bill , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) , Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight , Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon told a Senate committee that a new rule to add more oversight to multi-agency contracts should be out soon. Agencies wanting to develop new multiple award contracts will have to justify them before going forward. OFPP is also trying to use strategic sourcing to take advantage of the government's buying power.
Tags: management , contracting , Dan Gordon , Gene Dodaro , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , GWACs , Multiple award contracts , BPAs , duplicative programs , Jason Miller
The White House's draft bill includes many similarities with the one sponsored by the Sens. Lieberman, Collins and Carper. The biggest issues are around the President's powers over the Internet during emergencies and whether there should be a Senate-confirmed cyber coordinator at DHS. Senate Majority Leader Reid is making comprehensive cyber legislation a priority this session.
Tags: technology , Susan Collins , Tom Carper , Phil Reitinger , Harry Reid , Jason Chipman , DHS , DoJ , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , NCTC , cybersecurity , liability protections , critical infrastructure , Jason Miller