Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joseph Lieberman
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee unveiled a bill to overhaul a decade-old law detailing how federal agencies protect their computer networks from cybersecurity threats. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the chairman of the committee, told Federal News Radio the Office of Management and Budget is better poised to be a "fair arbitrator" than the Homeland Security Department.
The industry association, the Coalition for Government Procurement, gave Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) its highest award for using common sense in dealing with federal procurement.
Tags: acquisition , industry , Susan Collins , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , acquisition workforce , Jason Miller
Bob Dix, vice president for government affairs and critical infrastructure for Juniper Networks, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to talk about the new cyber bill introduced by Senate Republicans.
Lawmakers at odds over critical infrastructure protection provisions. Sen. McCain promised to introduce a new version of a comprehensive cyber bill to focus on collaboration and information sharing instead of regulation of critical infrastructures. Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins refute the criticism, saying they've held 10 hearings, hundreds of meeting and pleaded with others in the Senate to offer comments.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , John McCain , Tom Ridge , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , privacy , DoD , NSA , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Jason Miller
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Dan Gordon , GAO , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
A new report highlights fewer CIOs are reporting to their agency's secretary today than in 2004. More of these senior technology managers wear more than one-hat and are responsible for many areas outside the 13 the statute originally called for.
New report highlights need for better coordination all around
Tags: technology , management , DHS , White House , Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emerging Threats , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , Mike McCaul , Susan Collins , CSIS , Jim Lewis , cybersecurity , JM
His "misstatements" to the Senate Homeland Security Committee and Senator Jim Demint's opposition to collective bargaining for TSA screeners have Southers's nomination on hold.
Sen. Joseph Lieberman wants to make Congressional Research Service reports easier to get a hold of.