Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jones Lang LaSalle
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.) and Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), are jumpstarting a new effort to get both sides of the Capitol dome on board with a bill to make it easier for agencies to hang the "For Sale" sign outside their doors. Carper, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Chaffetz, a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, hosted a Capitol Hill roundtable with private-sector real-estate experts and former government officials Wednesday to discuss a new legislative path forward.
A roundtable sponsored by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee explored how public-private partnerships could work to get rid of federal property more quickly.
Tags: management , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , real property disposal , Lou Barletta , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Kim Burke , Michael Allen , Hines Interest , OMB , Melissa Dawkins
Congressional gridlock and "stalling economic growth" could combine to put a freeze on many new federal leasing options, a recent report from Jones Lang LaSalle predicts. Kevin Wayer, co-president of the public institutes practice at Jones Lang LaSalle, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what the federal real estate market could look like in the coming year.