Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jon Kyl
The new bill from Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) change the Department of Homeland Security's control over cybersecurity standards in the private sector.
Two competing bills disagree over how much Homeland Security should dictate cyber standards to the private sector.
GOP senators unveiled a bill Thursday that would grant the Defense Department a one-year reprieve from "sequestration" cuts. House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the proposal "skullduggery."
Tags: DoD , Congress , pay and benefits , workforce , supercommittee , sequestration , John McCain , Kelly Ayotte , John Cornyn , CBO , NTEU , Martin Dempsey , BRAC , pay freeze , attrition , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
The virtual fence, better known as SBInet, was originally proposed by the Bush Administration to monitor the southern U.S. border with Mexico. But now, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are quickly losing patience with a project that has had a troubled history, while hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars in costs.