Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jon Kyl
The new bill from Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) change the Department of Homeland Security's control over cybersecurity standards in the private sector.
Two competing bills disagree over how much Homeland Security should dictate cyber standards to the private sector.
GOP senators unveiled a bill Thursday that would grant the Defense Department a one-year reprieve from "sequestration" cuts. House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the proposal "skullduggery."
Tags: DoD , Congress , pay and benefits , workforce , supercommittee , sequestration , John McCain , Kelly Ayotte , John Cornyn , CBO , NTEU , Martin Dempsey , BRAC , pay freeze , attrition , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
The virtual fence, better known as SBInet, was originally proposed by the Bush Administration to monitor the southern U.S. border with Mexico. But now, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are quickly losing patience with a project that has had a troubled history, while hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars in costs.