Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jon Desenberg
The best way to prepare for November's presidential election is to avoid political distractions. Managers also should prepare a list of programs they wish to cut.
Recent data from the Office of Personnel Management suggests that the long-predicted retirement tsunami of federal employees may have started. As more and more baby boomers opt to retire, a vacuum of knowledge and experience is being left behind at many agencies. Some federal managers are now scrambling to figure out ways to ride out the wave.
Dan Blair, the president and CEO of the National Academy of Public Administration, and Jon Desenberg, the senior policy director of The Performance Institute, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Former OPM director Linda Springer and Jon Desenberg of the Performance Institute count down the top three federal news stories of the week.
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , IRS , Performance Institute , PART , performance measurement , management agenda , acquisition reform , 2010 budget
Experts say the federal government should train managers on performance first. Rep. Connolly offers tips from his experience in Fairfax County, Va.
WFED's Jason Miller and the Performance Institute's Jon Desenberg count down the top federal news stories of the week.
To get the right people, with the right skills, in the right positions, at the right time, with the right incentives to perform the right function takes an experienced and skilled human capital manager. Jon Desenberg, policy director at The Performance Institute, has some tips.
Some people think the agencies are "measured enough"and some think your agency is overmeasured.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus describes how an overhaul of the current performance review system might look like.