Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jon Adler
Craig Floyd with the National Law Enforcement Officers Museum, and Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association President Jon Adler will give us an update on this year's Ride & Run to Remember event.
September 19, 2014
A top House overseer of federal law enforcement thinks that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) should be dissolved.
The House's top overseer over federal law enforcement agencies thinks the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has outlived its usefulness. Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee says he plans to introduce legislation that would abolish the ATF -- and fold its current responsibilities into other federal agencies, including the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. His argument: the ATF has been marred by high-profile blunders and it has missions overlap with other agencies. Jon Adler is national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association. He took a different view on In Depth with guest host Jared Serbu.
A bipartisan House bill would reform federal tax law so that federal law-enforcement officers and firefighters can access funds from their 401(k)-style Thrift Savings Plans when they're eligible to retire without facing a penalty. Jon Adler, national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, called the current situation "one of those glaring inequities that needed to be addressed and fixed."
Unlocking retirement funds could get easier for federal law enforcement officers. Current law means officers can't access their TSP until they are eligible to retire. Officers sometimes can't tap into retirement funds for up to 10 years or they'll face a tax penalty. Reps. Dave Reicher (R-Wash.) and Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) introduced a bill to change that. Jon Adler, national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, gives his view to In Depth with Francis Rose.
Jenny Mattingley hosts a roundtable discussion of National Police Week 2014, which is being held in Washington D.C. from May 11th through the 17th.
May 9, 2014
Tags: workforce , National Police Week 2014 , Jenny Mattingley , Steve Groeninger , Herb Giobbi , FLEOA , National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund , Sara Slone , Concerns of Police Survivors , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth , law enforcement
The White House has a government-wide security plan to prevent another Navy Yard Shooting.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
FLEOA president Jon Adler joins FEDS president Anthony Vergnetti to talk about some of the issues currently affecting federal law enforcement officers.
February 7, 2014
National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund Chairman and CEO Craig Floyd, and Jon Adler with the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, will discuss the 2013 Preliminary end of the year fatality report.
January 10, 2014
Tags: workforce , Craig Floyd , National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association , 2013 preliminary end of the year fatality report , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford & Roth