Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jolie Lee
The Agriculture Department's closing of 259 offices could result in buyout offers, said the agency's deputy secretary. This week Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the closures would save about $150 million year in the agency's $145 billion budget.
Federal employees had mixed reactions to the administration's proposed 0.5 percent pay raise for feds starting in 2013.
An analysis by the American Association for the Advancement of Science found the 2012 budget for research and development will make investments into energy and environment research and cut R&D at the Defense Department and NASA.
Federal News Radio's Justin Udo and Jolie Lee count down the top federal stories of the year.
The updated FOIA policy states the department must advise the FOIA requester that a their request has been referred and provide the name of the agency to the requester with that agency's FOIA contact.
Kristen Clark is an animal keeper at the National Zoo, one of two who trains the lions — including the adult male, two lionesses and seven cubs. Federal News Radio interviews her as part of our Cool Jobs in Government series.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: supercommittee , management , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , deficit , Jack Moore
The inspectors general at the General Services Administration and the Small Business Administration propose the government prosecute small business contract fraud based on the contract amount instead of the financial loss to the government.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , Industry , Vivek Kundra , Karen Evans , best practices , acquisition , Contracting , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , SANS Institute , Smarsh , KE&T Partners
Last month, the Inspector General of the Department of Justice said the agency spent too much money on conferences, citing $16 muffins as an example. Today, in a revised report, the IG said the muffins didn't actually cost that much.