Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joint Forces Command
The U.S. Joint Forces Command has released a report outlining a strategic framework that forecasts possible threats and opportunities that will challenge the joint force in the future.
Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-Va.) joined WTOP's Ask the Governor to discuss why he believes DoD should not close the Joint Forces Command in his state.
The Pentagon's decision to close Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va., remains its biggest hot spot in its effort to save $100 billion over the next three years.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Some Senate Armed Services Committee members are unhappy with the Pentagon's lack of transparency and inclusion in the decision to close the base. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the Pentagon held almost 30 meetings before concluding that JFCOM needed to be closed. Lynn also offers insight into future of DoD CIO and BTA.
Tags: management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joesph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was the guest Tuesday on WTOP's "Ask The Governor" program.
The Virginia Congressional delegation isn't happy about the way the Pentagon plans on reducing costs
The Pentagon and its coalition partners take to the Army base in Fort Huachuca, Ariz. to address actual data and communications problems found in Afghanistan. The exercise ensures U.S. systems can share data with the British, Canadian and other coalition partner systems.