Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joint Chiefs of Staff
It took more than four years, but Congress succeeded in revamping the organizational structure of the Pentagon over the strident objections of the military's own leadership 25 years ago.
Tags: DoD , management , reorganization , Goldwater-Nichols Act , Barry Goldwater , Sam Nunn , Bill Nichols , James Locher , David Jones , Ike Skelton , Rudy deLeon , Lindsey Graham , Jared Serbu , Army , Navy , Air Force , Marines
Congress ponders the question: Does a nation drowning in debt really need two armies?
The Senate approved an amendment to the sweeping defense bill by voice vote Monday night despite opposition of the current chairman and service chiefs.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
Retired Maj. Gen. Gus Hargett, the former adjutant general for the Tennessee National Guard, who now serves as the president of the National Guard Association of the United States joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss why the National Guard should be included in the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Senate is set to take up the issue this week.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin Dempsey said he will recommend to Congress that the chief of the National Guard bureau not become a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He announced the decision ahead of expected Congressional testimony later this week so service members would hear it from him first, before hearing it on the news.
The Military Health System has launched a new Health.mil website that provides a single point of entry to military health news, information and resources.
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey's first day on the job was Monday, and he settled in behind a desk also used by Army Gen. Douglas MacArthur in the Philippines during World War II.
General James Cartwright said the recent DoD cybersecurity strategy is an important first step in making sure cybersecurity policy is integrated across both the Pentagon and government.
The new DoD secretary will need to concentrate on military spending cuts and withdrawing troops from the Middle East, according to Lawrence Korb, a former assistant secretary of defense under President Reagan.