Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joint Chiefs of Staff
The Pentagon will begin testing cloud-based joint networking environment in Europe this summer. Effort aims to eliminate seams between service-and-mission-specific networks.
The Pentagon's new strategy shifts the focus of the military's attention, and calls for more partnerships with countries around the world.
Marine Corps Lt. Gen. George Flynn, director of joint force development, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about what the Joint Operational Access Concept is.
Plan outlines how joint forces will maintain their access to land, air, sea and cyber space.
In a speech at Duke University, Dempsey says the Defense Department is not the victim of a drive to reduce growth in the national debt.
Request for information covers maintenance of all joint staff networks and applications, and ensuring the network is secure through risk management mitigation, network vulnerability analysis and security auditing.
As the result of a successful effort to add the chairman of the National Guard Bureau to the membership of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Craig R. McKinley, the Guard's top officer, becomes the seventh member on the panel.
Lynne E. Baldrighi will be the new director of HR strategic programs and advisory services, defense civilian personnel advisory services in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
After the passage of the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Act, the Pentagon stopped fighting the Congressional push for the military services to come together. Instead, it innovated joint operations beyond the wildest hopes of reformers in Congress. Can that model be exported to the rest of the federal government?