Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Streufert
Testimony obtained by FederalNewsRadio says IT security measurements focus too much on compliance and not on risk. GAO surveyed 24 agencies and found few have moved beyond just fulfilling FISMA requirements.
Tags: technology , Greg Wilshusen , Vivek Kundra , GAO , OMB , State Department , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , NIST , Tom Davis , Deloitte , cybersecurity , FISMA , risk management
This week, Federal Security Spotlight talks with John Streufert of the State Department.
June 10, 2010
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.
Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
June 25, 2009