Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Salamone
John Salamone, managing consultant at Federal Management Partners, and Dan Mintz, former chief information officer of the Transportation Department, count down the top federal news story of the week.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The overwhelmed retirement claims backlog at the Office of Personnel Management is only partly a technology problem. John Salamone, a managing consultant at FMP Consulting and the former executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the potential complications for OPM ahead.
Agilex's Bob Otto and Federal Management Partners' John Salamone count down the top federal news stories of the week.
John Salamone, the former Executive Director of the federal Chief Human Capital Officer Council at OPM has a new job.
A fast-approaching budget deadline is creating increasing anxiety among federal workers that government could shut down if Congress does not reach a deal.
OPM reports a rise in teleworking from 2008 - 2009. The survey shows satisfaction among feds who do telework, but reveals barriers that are keeping others from doing so. One Congressman hopes the new law will turn interest in telework into practice.
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , OPM , Kathryn Medina , DHS , Jeff Neal , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Partnership for Public Service , Grant Thornton , hiring reforms , Max Cacas
Some Republican members of Congress are making an election-year pitch to reduce the Federal worker headcount, and save money. But would it really do that?
Tags: management , pay and benefits , House , Federal Workforce Reduction Act , Federal Management Partners , Jackie Simon , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , OMB , Barack Obama , outsourcing , insourcing , brain drain , retirement wave , Max Cacas