Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Porcari
NASA, the Surface Transportation Board and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation share a common trait that led them to the top ranking for their size class in the Partnership for Public Service's seventh annual Best Places to Work survey. Transportation, OMB and the National Credit Union Administration earn the most improved status by implementing the best practices of the leading agencies.
Tags: management , Transportation , Surface Transportation Board , NASA , Partnership for Public Service , OMB , Best Places to Work , Daniel Elliott , Lori Garver , Danny Werfel , Max Stier , workforce , Jason Miller
The Veterans Affairs Department said it saved $40 million by using this centralized approach to managing contractors. vendor management organizations also help agencies buy more strategically. OFPP plans to expand strategic sourcing and sets a $2 billion savings goal by 2015.
Tags: Steven VanRoekel , OMB , OFPP , strategic sourcing , technology , acquisition , acquisition policy , contracting , Joe Jordan , PortfolioStat , vendor management organizations , DHS , Jane Holl Lute , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , Transportation , Jason Miller , President
Under stimulus funds, $1.5 billion in TIGER (Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery) Discretionary Grants were made available for surface transportation projects.