Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Pistole
Homeland Security Today's David Silverberg explains the work cut out for TSA before the union elections.
To be sure, bargaining and arbitration rights are at the top of the list, but what else would AFGE like from TSA and its new administrator? We ask Brian Dewyngaert, chief of staff for the American Federation of Government Employees.
Neither of the two federal unions to represent 44,000 Transportation Security Agency employees received a majority of the vote. The election will go into a run-off in the next few weeks.
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey , Jason Miller
Agency administrator John Pistole determined workers can hold a vote on whether to be represented by a union. Pistole's memo details four areas that will fall under collective bargaining if employees approve it.
Best of interview with TSA Administrator John Pistole shortly after he joined the agency.
Air cargo and aviation threats against the United States.
Tags: Transportation Security Administration , Transportation Security Operations Center , Assistant to the President for Homeland Security a , John Brennan , Robert Gibbs , Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab , underwear bomber , al-Qaida , al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula , J.J. Green , Andrew Arena , Hezbollah , Ron Reddy , Shia
With one week until the holiday travel season begins, hearings are being held on airport screenings, including new pat-down techniques and full body scanners. Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill and John Adler, President of FLEOA join us with their takes.
When President Obama announced the plot had been dusrupted on October 29th, JJ Green had an *aha* moment.