Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Palguta
The Federal Drive gets post-superstorm Sandy updates from the National Weather Service and the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Government Accountability Office issues hundreds of reports each year detailing billions of dollars in cost-savings. Its role is considered essential to the congressional oversight process. But last year, Congress cut the agency's budget.
BGov analyst Kevin Brancato discusses sequestration's effects on the Defense Department. Federal employment attorney John Mahoney discusses what feds should consider when making the move to leave their agency and find another job.
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, and Jason Miller, Federal News Radio's executive editor, count down the top federal news story of the week.
Rob Strayer of the Bipartisan Policy Center discusses the compromise cybersecurity bill. Daniel Schuman talks about the Congressional Research Service. Dick Gregg fills us in on the Treasury's annual fiscal report.
John Palguta, vice president of Policy at the Partnership for Public Service talks about efforts to bring in young workers to the federal government, and whether telework is a viable option for some federal employees.
July 13, 2012(Encore presentation August 3, 2012)
The Export-Import Bank lends money to American companies that do business abroad. The small agency was recently treated like a political football. John Palguta, the vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, talks about the SES reform bill.
John Palguta, vice president for policy, at the Partnership for Public Service, says the new appraisal process for senior executives is weighted toward obtaining results.
In the face of decreasing resources and increasing workloads, agencies are searching for ways to become more efficient. John Palguta, vice president for policy at Partnership for Public Service, said agencies should consider utilizing tools developed by others. Steve Lenkart, executive director and chief operating officer at the Merit Systems Protection Board, said agencies can structure procedures to manage risks of uncertainty.
David Berteau of the International Security Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies discusses a lawsuit on women in combat. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service talks about a job-satisfaction report. Jeremy Herb of The Hill newspaper reviews the latest veterans issues being discussed on Capitol Hill. Mindy Eisenberg of the EPA reveals a new program to help find veterans jobs.