Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Morrison
Hundreds of pieces of equipment the Army has assembled as part of its new network modernization strategy will deploy with soldiers to Afghanistan on Oct. 1, the first results of the Army's transition to capability set management.
Last year, the Pentagon spent nearly $75 billion on acquisitions of commercial items, more than double the amount from five years ago. But the word "commercial" in DoD applies to a lot of products you won't find on any store shelf.
Tags: DoD , commercial products , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , Kevin Kelly , LGS Innovations , Alcatel-Lucent , Sean Varah , MotionDSP , Dennis Moran , Harris Corp. , Jacques Gansler , acquisition , industry , Defense Science Board , Navy , CANES , DJ LeGoff , Terry Halvorsen , Jared Serbu
Col. John Morrison is director of the Army's LandWarNet Battle Command, the office that's in charge of integrating Army capabilities at the NIE.
The Army plans to release technical standards for its IT systems next year, in a process that leaders say will give greater predictability to industry. For the Army, the benefit will be an enterprise network that lets it quickly integrate new technologies as they come to market.
Tags: DoD , Army , ausa 2011 , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , Jennifer Napper , charles flynn , Susan Lawrence , William Phillips , acquisition , Fort Bliss , Jared Serbu , rapid acquisition process