Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Morrison
Hundreds of pieces of equipment the Army has assembled as part of its new network modernization strategy will deploy with soldiers to Afghanistan on Oct. 1, the first results of the Army's transition to capability set management.
Last year, the Pentagon spent nearly $75 billion on acquisitions of commercial items, more than double the amount from five years ago. But the word "commercial" in DoD applies to a lot of products you won't find on any store shelf.
Tags: DoD , commercial products , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , Kevin Kelly , LGS Innovations , Alcatel-Lucent , Sean Varah , MotionDSP , Dennis Moran , Harris Corp. , Jacques Gansler , acquisition , industry , Defense Science Board , Navy , CANES , DJ LeGoff , Terry Halvorsen , Jared Serbu
Col. John Morrison is director of the Army's LandWarNet Battle Command, the office that's in charge of integrating Army capabilities at the NIE.
The Army plans to release technical standards for its IT systems next year, in a process that leaders say will give greater predictability to industry. For the Army, the benefit will be an enterprise network that lets it quickly integrate new technologies as they come to market.
Tags: DoD , Army , ausa 2011 , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , Jennifer Napper , charles flynn , Susan Lawrence , William Phillips , acquisition , Fort Bliss , Jared Serbu , rapid acquisition process