Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Mica
Congressman John Mica says his top priority as chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Government Operations is to cut agency waste, fraud and abuse beyond just the low hanging fruit. Mica's column is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
Rep. Darrell Issa plans to formally introduce the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act before the end of March. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held its second hearing on the draft bill. Current and former federal officials say the bill should place a stronger emphasis on project management and workforce issues.
Tags: technology , management , Richard Spires , DHS , Darrell Issa , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , program management , workforce , training , Stan Soloway , PSC , Dan Gordon , George Washington University , Jason Miller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held its first hearing on the steps needed to reform IT management across government. But federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he has the authority needed to improve how agencies spend money on technology programs. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the committee's chairman, is developing legislation to update laws governing the management of IT.
Tags: technology , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CIO authorities , IT reform , Tom Davis , Deloitte , David Powner , GAO , Jason Miller , House , Congress
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is consolidating two subcommittees that oversee major agency functions, such as procurement and technology, into a new panel. No news yet on who will be the ranking members.
House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management approved the Public Buildings Reform Act. It includes reducing GSA's Public Buildings Service workforce to 2008 levels and freezing SES bonuses through 2014 across the entire agency.
Tags: acquisition , management , GSA , Public Building Service , Jeff Denham , Russ Carnahan , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Public Buildings Reform Act , Shakeup at GSA , workforce , Jason Miller , Larry Allen , Bob Suda ,
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee lawmakers were expected to ask the agency's inspector general to look into the 14th Annual SmartPay conference happening this week in Nashville. GSA says all conferences must go through a multi-step approval process, including those already in the planning stages for 2012 and beyond.
Tags: management , GSA , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Jeff Denham , Cynthia Metzler , Shakeup at GSA , conference spending , SmartPay , Mafara Hobson , Brian Miller , Eleanor Holmes Norton , oversight , Jason Miller
The bill sent for President Barack Obama's signature enables just over $100 billion to be spent on highway, mass transit and other transportation programs over the next two years, projects that would have expired Saturday without congressional action. Federal employees' retirement benefits are safe under the bill, which also allows retirement-eligible federal employees to choose partial retirement.