Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John McCain
Sen. Carl Levin will introduce a bill requiring defense contracts to be reexamined if its cost increase more than 25 percent over its initial estimate.
Tags: contracting , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Janet Napolitano , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , White House Summit , acquisition workforce
CIA Director Leon Panetta is being asked retract comments that he made during an interview with the New Yorker Magazine. Talking about former Vice President Dick Cheney 's views on National Security. Panetta said "When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point." Senator John MCain went on the the morning TV shows to say Panneta's comments were "totally uncalled for. Cheney's criticism came on the same day that President Obama made a major national security speech.
The House Armed Services Committee today formed a panel to figure out how best to reform the Defense Department's acquisition programs and processes.
Tags: contracting , Ike Skelton , Jim McHugh , Jim Andrews , Mike Conaway , Clair McCaskill , Carl Levin , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DoD , Acquisition reform
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has introduced legislation in the Senate to overhaul the struggling Postal Service. It mirrors the GOP plan approved by a House subcommittee Wednesday. It would let an independent watchdog to seize control of the agency's finances if it were more than 30 days late in paying its bills.
A new bill would require that companies tracking consumer data seek permission before sharing information about a person with other companies.
The general overseeing the Air Force's investigation into a November incident that sent competitors' data to rival bidders said Thursday that she was pleased with the companies' handling of the situation. The Pentagon remains convinced that the accidental disclosure will not affect the outcome of the $35 billion acquisition.
The Pentagon's decision to close Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va., remains its biggest hot spot in its effort to save $100 billion over the next three years.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
Some Senate Armed Services Committee members are unhappy with the Pentagon's lack of transparency and inclusion in the decision to close the base. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the Pentagon held almost 30 meetings before concluding that JFCOM needed to be closed. Lynn also offers insight into future of DoD CIO and BTA.
Tags: management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joesph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Joint Forces Command , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller , JFCOM
The Defense Department's shrinking industrial base is a major roadblock to achieving significant savings over the next three years. In a hearing Tuesday, members of the Senate Armed Services Committee heard DoD's rationale for plans to save $100 billion over the next three years. Federal New Radio's Jason Miller brings the latest on DoD's plans from Capitaol Hill.