Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John McCain
Dov Zakheim, former Under Secretary of Defense, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to explain what this block will mean for defense budgeting and which programs might be affected.
Unless it's an emergency, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told Defense Secretary Leon Panetta he would block requests by the Defense Department for reprogramming requests to move money between budget accounts.
Bob Dix, vice president for government affairs and critical infrastructure for Juniper Networks, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to talk about the new cyber bill introduced by Senate Republicans.
Eight Republican lawmakers on Thursday introduced an alternative to a comprehensive cybersecurity bill the Senate expects to vote on soon. GOP senators say their approach avoids additional bureaucracy and encourages information sharing.
Brendan Sasso, a staff writer covering technology for the Hill newspaper, said Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz) and Kay Bailey Huchison (R-Texas) are criticizing the comprehensive bill for putting too much emphasis on regulations rather than promoting information sharing.
The Obama administration outlined Tuesday when the FBI, rather than the military, could be allowed to retain custody of al-Qaida terrorism suspects who aren't U.S. citizens but are arrested by federal law enforcement officers.<
Jenn Scholtes, who covers homeland security for CQ-Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the legislative wrangling over the Senate cybersecurity bill.
Lawmakers at odds over critical infrastructure protection provisions. Sen. McCain promised to introduce a new version of a comprehensive cyber bill to focus on collaboration and information sharing instead of regulation of critical infrastructures. Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins refute the criticism, saying they've held 10 hearings, hundreds of meeting and pleaded with others in the Senate to offer comments.
Tags: technology , management , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Tom Ridge , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , privacy , DoD , NSA , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Jason Miller
The leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee suggested on Monday that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta rushed a decision to develop the Marine Corps version of the next-generation strike fighter jet despite new technical problems with the troubled program.
GOP senators unveiled a bill Thursday that would grant the Defense Department a one-year reprieve from "sequestration" cuts. House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the proposal "skullduggery."
Tags: DoD , Congress , pay and benefits , workforce , supercommittee , sequestration , Jon Kyl , Kelly Ayotte , John Cornyn , CBO , NTEU , Martin Dempsey , BRAC , pay freeze , attrition , Jared Serbu , DoD Report