Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Koskinen
John Koskinen was named as President Barack Obama's pick to lead the IRS. His ties to Washington, D.C. and public service go back many years.
President Barack Obama is nominating retired corporate restructuring expert John Koskinen to take over the Internal Revenue Service, which is under fire for its screening of political groups.
Both the Defense and Transportation Departments have asked the FCC to rescind its decision allowing a Virginia company to set up a national broadband network.
If a shutdown does happen, feds will be faced with logistical nightmare. John Koskinen, an executive with Freddie Mac and former Deputy Director for Management at OMB,shares his experience during the 1995-96 shutdown.
Both political parties are making a "good faith effort" to avoid a shutdown, but agencies should still have a plan in place in case Congress cannot reach a compromise to fund government, said John Koskinen, the former deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget during the last partial government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996,
One cyber bill before Congress would create a cyber committee much like the Y2K Conversion committee to help deal with cybersecurity issues. John Koskinen, former chairman of the Council on Year 2000 Conversion, tells us how his committee was set up and why it was successful.