Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Kamensky
John Kamensky, a senior fellow and associate partner at the center, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris with some pointers from a recent IBM Center for the Business of Government report on agency performance review.
Host Francis Rose counts down the top federal news stories of the week with John Kamensky of the IBM Center for the Business of Government and Robert Shea, formerly of the Office of Management and Budget.
IBM Center for the Business of Government has been looking at something called virtual agencies, a form of personalized government, centered around individual citizens or customers.
Nearly every President since Richard Nixon tried to revamp how the government works in one way or another, and few have found any real success. Experts say the focus should be getting Congressional buy-in first, and not promising cost savings. Four senior lawmakers ask OMB for more information on the status of the current restructuring effort.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Moira Mack , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , OMB , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Dwight Ink , Janet Hale , Thomas Reinhardt , Jim Locher , Beryl Radin , Robert Tobias , Scott Fosler , IBM , Deloitte , CSC , Project on National Security Reform , American University , NAPA , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , government reorganization , Jason Miller
The administration is identifying Executive branch officials inside and outside of the White House to figure out how best to reorganize government.
John Kamensky of the IBM Center for the Business of Government tells host Francis Rose what's new in the updated Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010.
Host Francis Rose discusses the top federal stories of the week with John Kamensky, Senior Fellow, IBM Center for the Business of Government; and Melissa Chapman Vice President for Health Solutions, Agilex.
The Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010 (GPRMA) is proposed to be an update of the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) of 1993