Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Hegarty
The U.S. Postal will offer buyouts and early retirements to more than 45,000 mail handlers, USPS announced Friday. Employees opting for the early-out will receive a $15,000 incentive payment — half to be paid in December, and the other half to be paid in December 2013. The new buyout offers are the result of "in depth discussions" between USPS and the National Postal Mail Handlers Union and an agreement that was inked Tuesday.
John Hegarty, national president of the National Postal Mail Handlers Union, talks about the Postal Service's early retirement offer.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.