Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Boehner
Jeanne Cummings, assistant managing editor for Politico. Story: ExxonMobil earnings up 69 percent
Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The PBS Newshour"
The D.C. area may be breathing a collective sigh of relief after a last minute deal was struck to prevent the government from shutting down Friday at midnight, the deal includes two provisions aimed at the District.
The White House and Congress agreed to both a short-term deal and a longer-term one funding the government through 2011 and cutting more than $35 billion. OMB issued new guidance telling agencies to resume normal operations which means feds should report to work as usual.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011
Martin Kady, congressional bureau chief for Politico
The existing CR has caused the Navy to miss construction starts and other scheduled projects, Politico reports.
The ignorance is not diminishing.