Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
Nearly three in every 10 new hires in the government is a veteran, marking the highest percentage of new hires in more than 20 years. Just two out of the 24 agencies in the President's Council on Veterans Employment failed to meet their goals. The council released Tuesday preliminary fiscal 2011 employment data.
A recent Government Accountability Office report suggests OPM needs to do a better job of explaining the program's benefits and conduct more structured reviews of the program and its premium rates.
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry announced a new set of dismissal and closure notifications for federal employees. The meat of the changes allow for staggered early departure with a final departure time, immediate departure and shelter-in-place.
With federal workforces potentially on the budget chopping block, the Office of Personnel Management is extending a helping hand to feds who may find themselves jobless in the near future.
The Office of Personnel Management faces a House subcommittee today to answer questions about its handling of the USAJobs relaunch.
Tags: OPM , USAJobs , technology , workforce , hiring , House , Emily Kopp , Patrick McFarland , Valerie Melvin , Patrick Manzo , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Connie Mack , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Monster Government Solutions , cybersecuirty
The widespread frustration over the Office of Personnel Management's handling of USAJobs.gov has caught lawmakers' attention. The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce has invited OPM, government inspectors and Monster, the company that previously ran the federal jobs site, to testify at a hearing Tuesday.
Tags: OPM , USAJobs , workforce , hiring , technology , Monster Government Solutions , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Pat Tamburrino , DoD , Dennis Ross , Emily Kopp , Bob Lam , Ron Johnson , John Kerry , CHCO Council
92 percent of plans have taken steps to educate their members about health information technology, but less than 5 percent of members are accessing their records online.
Agency chief human capital officers showed support for the latest version of the federal jobs website despite its rocky launch. They thanked the Office of Personnel Management for frequent updates on fixes. The council gathered Tuesday for its annual public meeting.
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry said the federal jobs website USAJobs.gov is headed in the right direction after a rough debut three weeks ago. OPM has added server capacity and refined features to make the site easier to use. OPM Director John Berry said the agency's response is an example of "government working." But OPM now faces a congressional hearing and public outrage over the botched rollout.
The General Services Administration will announce a new policy that expands its telework and mobility options for employees.