Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
DoD attracts and retains more employees through an increased involvement in the student loan repayment program.
John Palguta, vice president for policy, at the Partnership for Public Service, says the new appraisal process for senior executives is weighted toward obtaining results.
OPM's annual workplace report showed growth in minority employment, but also found less Hispanics working in the federal government than the private-sector.
Service members expected to be discharged can apply for federal jobs without a certificate of release or discharge from active duty.
OPM Director John Berry reminded agency leaders that they must seek approval from his agency before placing political appointees in some jobs. The guidelines also include a ban of certain incentive awards.
OPM Director John Berry said the agency changed the annual survey to give agencies more insight into the morale and thoughts of their employees. Berry said agencies in their zeal to cut budgets shouldn't forget the importance of training.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The Pathways Program aims to help federal agencies compete with other sectors that recruit and hire interns and recent graduates. The program targets current students, recent graduates and professionals interested in becoming federal managers.
OPM Director John Berry detailed changes coming to the Presidential Management Fellows Program in a recent letter to Congress, obtained by Federal News Radio. The program came under criticism earlier this year for mistakenly sending out 300 letters of acceptance to applicants who had not been chosen for the program.
Tags: OPM , Presidential Managment Fellows Program , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Ser , workforce , hiring , Federal Drive , Michael OConnell
Recent data from the Office of Personnel Management suggests that the long-predicted retirement tsunami of federal employees may have started. As more and more baby boomers opt to retire, a vacuum of knowledge and experience is being left behind at many agencies. Some federal managers are now scrambling to figure out ways to ride out the wave.