Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
August 26, 2009 - Live from the DC Central Kitchen with special guest, OPM Director, John Berry.
A lot of people who get Social Security benefits are just learning that they will not be getting a cost of living adjustment next January. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey knows why they surprised and you are not.
A reality for military families is that when transfer orders come in, family members have very short notice to uproot their lives, and move. For military spouses, that usually means leaving a good job. But now, the Office of Personnel Management has announced new hiring policies that will give military spouses a little more flexibility in finding a new job when those orders are issued.
Every agency will have access to hire candidates from database. Several other hiring reforms in the works, OPM says.
Federal employees have been challenged to help collect at least a million pounds of non-perishable food by the end of August.
Administration working with lawmakers to give full federal benefits to domestic partners. Employee union calls sick leave change real progress.
Tags: pay and benefits , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Rep. Tammy Baldwin , OPM , White House , Jacqueline Simon , AFGE , domestic partner benefits , sick leave , Long-term insurance , Anti-discrimination law