Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development went from being the poster child for the dysfunctional federal hiring process to being a model of what others are striving for.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , pay and benefits , management , Shaun Donovan , Janie Payne , Kathleen Ott , Daniel Poneman , HUD , OPM , DoD , Energy , VA , CHCO Council , hiring reform , Jason Miller
Many agencies have reduced the time it takes to hire a new employee. DoD, Energy and VA are among the departments that have made the most progress over the last year. OPM Director John Berry said a full government-wide look will not be available until early 2011.
A year after the first proposed rule, the agency clarifies language to require re-investigations at least every five years for employees in public trust positions. The rule would implement a 2009 Executive Order.
What does the sea change election mean for federal workers? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says possibilities include a diet-pay raise, possible furloughs with White House backing and a new effort to get rid of poor performers.
Last week Republicans proposed a hiring freezeof non-security federal workers. That's just the latest GOP effort to target federal workers' pay and hiring. So far these efforts haven't gone far, but that could change with a GOP takeover of Congress after the mid-term elections, The Washington Post reports.
The backlog of claims by federal employees who are retiring is growing larger. OPM said it takes more than 100 days to process a claim. OPM Director John Berry said the agency is increasing the claims processing staff and looking at ways technology can improve the process.
The Office of Personnel Management launched a free USAJobs app for the iPhone and iPad.
OPM, GSA and DoT sign on to offer bicycle sharing through the Capital Bikeshare Program in the city. OPM bought a corporate membership for 300 employees to use the bikes to get to meetings or for exercise for up to 30 minutes for free.
Tags: pay and benefits , Martha Johnson , Roy Kienit , OPM , DoT , GSA , Gabe Klein , Washington D.C. DoT , bikeshare program , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: transportation , Green government , Greening of Government: people
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , Jason Miller