Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
The federal government will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010, according to the Office of Personnel Management. OPM John Berry tells Federal News Radio that he made the decision after a conference call with other local officials at 6 p.m., which has been the procedure all week.
The Federal security clearance process has been on the Government Accountability Office's "high risk list" since 2005. But now, a Senate committee hears evidence that the officials from a task force of federal agencies trying to fix the clearance process may have finally turned a corner.
Tags: management , Pay&benefits , The Senate Government Management and Federal Workf , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , OMB , Jeffrey Zients , James Clapper , Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence , Max Cacas
Director Berry says the agency will approve all political conversations to career positions, not just those during an election year. OPM also will approve political appointees who left government in the last five years and want to come back as a career employee.
Experts say the federal government should train managers on performance first. Rep. Connolly offers tips from his experience in Fairfax County, Va.
Federal jobseekers are complaining that the new version of the USAJobs.gov website is slow and clunky. The Office of Personnel Management had promised that it would be more streamlined and easier to use than the previous version. It is asking agencies that use the site to recruit to extend their application deadlines while it works out the kinks.
The Office of Personnel Management launched today the latest version of the government's jobs site, USAJobs.gov, one day ahead of schedule. The agency says the new site will connect to both agency and contractor websites.
Councils of union representative and agency leaders are making employees happier and the government run more smoothly, federal personnel leaders told a Senate committee. But mid-level managers say they should be invited to the table because they're usually the ones to implement policies.
Tags: workforce , management , Ron Johnson , national council on federal labor management relat , OPM , FMA , Pat Niehaus , gregory juneman , NFFE , Emily Kopp , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat
The latest OPM report on Latinos in the federal government shows no improvement in 2009 and 2010. They remain the most underrepresented racial and ethnic group in the federal workforce, making up eight percent of employees. OPM has convened a council to recommend improvements.