Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
Now the agency wants to hear from others about these ideas and their own recommendations on how to fix federal HR processes. Director Berry offers to get rid of the GS system, expand who can receive bonuses and bolster training.
Director Berry sends memo to let department's seek donations outside of the CFC.
A common stereotype suggests that Federal workers enjoy cushy, 9-to-5 jobs. But is that true? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "The Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "Federal workers are in and out in 8 hours."
Foul weather in Washington fails to deter the launch of a program to get federal workers to be more physically active and healthy.
Agency says burrowing is not a huge problem. But OPM director Berry sets new rules that take effect Jan. 1 to expand oversight and review of these proposed hires.
Omnibus spending bill includes 1-1/2% pay raise plus 1/2% locality increase. Labor-Management Forums will bring labor to the table at agencies. NTEU President Colleen Kelly likes both developments.
OMB Director Orszag says the administration considered not requesting a raise for feds in 2011. But he says several reasons, including focusing on the workforce, swayed the decision. Orszag calls the workforce and technology key to transforming the government.
But Griffin tells Senators she does not have an opinion on pay-for-performance. Hiring and diversity among her areas of interest.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Christine Griffin , Sen. Daniel Akaka , Sen. George Voinovich , OPM , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , hiring process , diversity , Veteran preferences , pay-for-performance