Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: John Berry
Director Berry sends memo to let department's seek donations outside of the CFC.
A common stereotype suggests that Federal workers enjoy cushy, 9-to-5 jobs. But is that true? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "The Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "Federal workers are in and out in 8 hours."
Foul weather in Washington fails to deter the launch of a program to get federal workers to be more physically active and healthy.
Agency says burrowing is not a huge problem. But OPM director Berry sets new rules that take effect Jan. 1 to expand oversight and review of these proposed hires.
Omnibus spending bill includes 1-1/2% pay raise plus 1/2% locality increase. Labor-Management Forums will bring labor to the table at agencies. NTEU President Colleen Kelly likes both developments.
OMB Director Orszag says the administration considered not requesting a raise for feds in 2011. But he says several reasons, including focusing on the workforce, swayed the decision. Orszag calls the workforce and technology key to transforming the government.
But Griffin tells Senators she does not have an opinion on pay-for-performance. Hiring and diversity among her areas of interest.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Christine Griffin , Sen. Daniel Akaka , Sen. George Voinovich , OPM , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , hiring process , diversity , Veteran preferences , pay-for-performance
Director John Berry sends a memo to agency CHCOs asking for hiring needs and plans for 2010 and 2011. Agencies hire more than 400 fellows annually.