Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joe Wilson
The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said Thursday he will include language implementing the Defense Department's request to increase insurance fees for military retirees. That position is at odds with the panel's subcommittee on military personnel, which on Wednesday unanimously approved language which would prohibit the increase.
Members of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Personnel are studying the Defense Department's proposal to increase fees for working-age retirees who use the military's TRICARE health insurance benefit. The panel heard, in separate hearings, from DoD officials defending the increase, and retiree groups who fear it is a "camel's nose under the tent."
Tags: DoD , pay and benefits , Congress , TRICARE , health care , Robert Gates , Stan Strobridge , Rick Jones , Niki Tsongas , National Association of Uniformed Services , Military Officers Association of America , Jared Serbu
CRS report details options for Congress to improve the troubled program.