Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joe Lieberman
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: supercommittee , management , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , deficit , Jolie Lee , Jack Moore
Senators announced a bipartisan plan Wednesday to help keep the financially ailing Postal Service solvent while offering incentives to trim its workforce.
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.
Tags: Susan Collins , pay and benefits , Federal-Postal Coalition , supercommittee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Congress , budget , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Emily Kopp , deficit , hiring , workforce
The Acquisitions Reform Bill would require more robust use of Federal Strategic Sourcing vehicles — which allow the government to consolidate its shopping lists and buy in bulk, rather than have each agency pursue its own procurements.
The new bill, passed in the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, would require more consistent reporting of improper payments by federal agencies.
Workforce reforms, SBINet two issues Senate Homeland Security Committee wanted her to talk about.
A Senate committee is recommending the super committee consider one more year of a federal pay freeze, increases to retirement contributions and a 15 percent cut to contracting at agencies.
Tags: Congress , super committee , Susan Collins , pay and benefits , pay freeze , budget , management , workforce , Jolie Lee , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate
Beefing up the security force for many federal facilities. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas with an exclusive interview with a lawmaker who is leading the way.
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst