Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Joe Lieberman
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved six bills that would affect the day-to-day workings of the federal government.
Tags: Congress , Senate , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act , Hatch Act Modernization Act of 2012 , management , Government Accountability Office , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , AFGE , Esther Carey , Beth Moten
Defense industry executives criticize the impending sequestration, which they say would lead to the loss of more than 1 million defense-related jobs.
A White House working group recommended Senate and administration leaders design a core set of common questions and develop a single electronic "smart form," similar to tax-filing software, that appointees could use to complete the necessary forms.
The election Tuesday could bring with it a number of changes to the makeup and leadership of key congressional committees with oversight of the federal workforce and management. The changes to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and others are expected from retirements, committee term limits and a few close races.
Tags: 2012 election , Congress , House , Senate , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Claire McCaskill , Tom Carper , Scott Brown , Carl Levin , John McCain , Appropriations Committee , Paul Ryan
On Friday, the Senate passed a bipartisan bill updating the Hatch Act, the law that restricts the political activities of federal employees.
Senate lawmakers and the agency's Inspector General say the strategy to reorganize the General Services Administration and make it more accountable is on the right track. Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini said he will consolidate IT and HR across the agency, and reduce contracting fees charged by the Federal Acquisition Service.
Tags: management , acquisition , Dan Tangherlini , GSA , Susan Collins , Brian Miller , oversight , Shakeup at GSA , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , strategic sourcing , contracting fees , Competition in Contracting Act , Jason Miller
President Barack Obama may use his authority to issue orders compelling or encouraging private industry to meet minimum security standards to protect their computer networks from attacks by hackers or foreign governments, White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan said Wednesday.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is expected to bring a stalled cybersecurity bill up for a floor vote by the end of next week. Lawmakers are still haggling over the final details but the bill's sponsor, Sen. Joe Lieberman, believes he'll have enough votes to pass the revised bill that includes compromises lessening the impact for private industry.