Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: JoAnn Boutelle
John Powers, a principal with Deloitte Consulting, specializes in the company's mergers and acquisitions practice. JoAnn Boutelle is a former deputy chief financial officer with the Defense Department and is now a partner at Deloitte & Touche. Along with former Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.),. Powers and Boutelle joined In Depth with Francis Rose for a discussion of the proposed federal reorganization as well as the role the private sector can play in those consolidation efforts.
How can agencies reduce inefficiencies and redundancies without significantly impacting their core missions? Hear what Robin Lineberger, John Powers and JoAnne Boutelle have to say about Merger, Acquisition and Restructuring strategies to aid Federal leaders.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has told DoD he wants it to be ready for a partial audit by 2014. The Senate this week is considering taking that goal and making it law.
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Tags: DoD , management , financial management , DISA , DFAS , Army Corps of Engineers , DCAA , Mark Keeley , Tracy Porter , Deloitte , Grant Thornton , PricewaterhouseCoopers , audit readiness , Jared Serbu
Budget cuts are the "new normal" for the foreseeable future, as agencies consider multi-year cost reduction strategies. To continue serving constituents and agency missions despite reduced funding and growing uncertainty over the coming fiscal years—how prepared is your organization to make sustainable cuts? Hear insights from Janet Hale, former Undersecretary of Management at the Department of Homeland Security and Joann Boutelle, former Deputy Chief Financial Officer at the Department of Defense.
DOD's budget cutting mode isn't just for this year. It's likely to continue for the foreseeable future. We talk about it with Deloitte's JoAnn Boutelle.