Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jo Ann Rooney
Jamie Morin, the outgoing comptroller and President Barack Obama's nominee to be DoD's second director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, told lawmakers Thursday that the Air Force would struggle to meet the 2014 financial management deadline. Jo Ann Rooney, the nominee to be undersecretary of the Navy, said furloughs from sequestration and the government shutdown have delayed progress on several programs.
Tags: management , Congress , DoD , Jamie Morin , Michael Lumpkin , financial management , audit readiness , Carl Levin , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , acquisition , government shutdown , sequestration , Jason Miller , Air Force , Navy
If confirmed by the Senate, Beth Cobert would become the DDM and lead the second term management agenda. Obama nominated deputy secretaries at VA and Education, and senior officials at the Navy and State.
Tags: people , management , OMB , Beth Cobert , Sylvia Burwell , Barack Obama , Steve VanRoekel , Sloan Gibson , VA , Jim Shelton , Education Department , DoD , Navy , State Department , Heather Higginbottom , Jason Miller
Pat Tamburrino has been reassigned to be the chief of staff for the acting undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. He has led several initiatives including moving out of the NSPS and improving the speed of Defense hiring.
President Barack Obama announced a slate of nominees for administration posts, including three in key Defense Department positions. They include nominees for the Pentagon's personnel and policy chiefs and the department's chief weapons buyer.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what recent indications from the Defense Department on A-76 and other workforce initiatives mean for industry.
Undersecretary for personnel and readiness Clifford Stanley will step down in the next two weeks. DoD official said a reported IG investigation had nothing to with Stanley's resignation.
Amid calls for military retirement reform, Pentagon officials say the system that's in place right now is not the main driver of the department's escalating personnel costs and is affordable . Their remarks Tuesday before a Congressional subcommittee run counter to a Defense Business Board report that suggested retirement costs may eventually crowd out warfighting capability.
Tags: DoD , Congress , House , House Armed Services Committee , pay and benefits , benefits , retirement , military retirement , Defense Business Board , Steve Stobridge , Vee Penrod , Austin Scott , Jared Serbu