Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim Williams
The General Services Administration today made 59 awards under the Alliant governmentwide acquisition contract.
GSA leads the group of 20 trying to add structure to all the different initiatives. Shared Services Forum to submit ideas to OMB on how to move governmentwide effort to use cloud computing.
Jim Williams received many awards and honors during his 30-plus year career in the federal government. But he says few have topped the one he won Sunday night at the 30th annual Management of Change conference.
Jim Williams, former commissioner of GSA's Federal Acquisition Service, tells Federal News Radio what he's been learning working on biometric security in the private sector.
How can companies meet the need for increased transparency?
Every year, one distinguished federal IT acquisition manager receives the coveted John J. Franke award for career excellence. The award last night went to Jim Williams, who recently retired from the GSA as the Commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service.
Congressional staff members call the current MAC environment "chaos." The administration will decide in a matter of weeks whether NIH should continue to run its CIO-SP3 governmentwide contract. OFPP administrator Gordon says several broad policy decisions must be made to address the challenges around multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Molly Wilkinson , Peter Levine , OFPP , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Senate Armed Services Committee , NIH , Scott Amey , Alan Chvotkin , POGO , Professional Services Council , TechAmerica , multiple award contracting , GWACs , Jason Miller , Contract Overload
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , Alliant , T4 , EAGLE , Ed O
Agency plans moving forward with re-compete despite GSA's attempt to bring Eagle under the Alliant GWAC. DHS spent almost $2 billion on IT services in 2009 and more than $8 billion overall through the vehicle.
An exclusive interview with one of the most widely-respected department heads. Known for often calling the U.S. "the greatest nation on earth," he was working his last day today after over 30 years as a fed when he paid us a visit.