Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim Webb
Following Tuesday's election, Democrats maintain control of the Senate and Republicans continue to hold sway in the House. Retirements, term limits and a few new lawmakers alter the leadership of some committees.
The Pentagon is telling lawmakers military retirees' share of health care costs is going to have to increase if it's going to meet the budget targets Congress and the President handed over with last year's budget control act.
Host Roger Waldron and Jim Schweiter, partner at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP will talk about legislation affecting the contracting community.
March 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Jim Schweiter , McKenna Long & Aldridge , comprehensive contingency contracting reform act of 2012 , Claire McCaskill , Wartime Contracting Commission , contractor accountability , contingency contracting , Off the Shelf , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement
Two senators are trying to change the way agencies plan for wartime contracting by introducing a bill that would incorporate ideas from the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Commission member Dov Zakheim weighs in on the bill.
The Comprehensive Contingency Contracting Reform Act of 2012 will attempt to fix many of the problems discovered by the Wartime Contracting Commission.
Gov. Bob McDonnell asked President Barack Obama on Friday to reconsider the Federal Emergency Management Agency's decision to deny aid to Virginia for the August earthquake that rattled the East Coast and caused substantial damage at its epicenter.
Legislation has 11 co-sponsors
Three senators say the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill needs tougher oversight after new figures show a quarter of the program's funds went to just eight companies that run for-profit colleges.
Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) said he will hold DoD nominations until he gets information related to the Joint Forces Command closing in Norfolk.